The Ottumwa Courier has immediate openings for press operators/technicians in its printing department.
Operators utilize a Goss Urbanite newsprint printing press to produce The Ottumwa Courier, Oskaloosa Herald, and several other newspapers and special sections for the region.
- Operates the printing press to produce newspapers from around the region as well as special sections.
- Reviews job requirements to understand the scope and parameters of print jobs.
- Prepares, aligns, and configures machinery, ink, rollers, and paper.
- Inspects proof sheets to evaluate the quality of printing.
- Adjusts press machinery to meet quality standards and specifications.
- Maintains inventory of supplies needed to operate printing presses.
- Troubleshoots issues with printing press and makes basic repairs.
- Performs routine maintenance on presses.
- Informs supervisor of problems with equipment or materials.
- Maintains a clean area around printing machinery.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn to operate various printing presses and related software.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Prior experience in the printing industry is a plus, but if you’re a hard-working and dependable person you can be successful with on-the-job training.
Must be able to physically able to operate printing presses, able to bend or kneel frequently, and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to General Manager Kyle Ocker, email@example.com.
The Ottumwa Courier and Oskaloosa Herald are CNHI, LLC newspapers. CNHI, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org